On my way to becoming domestic! You would think I would start with cooking or cleaning, but no I start with canning. I grew up with my mom canning, but she stopped many years ago and I never made her show me how. My dear neighbor was nice enough to show me the ropes and help me can the pears from our pear tree. The pears from our tree are hard and don't usually taste great, so I thought they might taste better canned. I guess we'll see. We also found apples for 39 cents a lb. (I should have told everyone about the deal... Sorry!) so we made applesauce. Molly loves it. It was so much fun to do and much easier than I expected!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Canning!
On my way to becoming domestic! You would think I would start with cooking or cleaning, but no I start with canning. I grew up with my mom canning, but she stopped many years ago and I never made her show me how. My dear neighbor was nice enough to show me the ropes and help me can the pears from our pear tree. The pears from our tree are hard and don't usually taste great, so I thought they might taste better canned. I guess we'll see. We also found apples for 39 cents a lb. (I should have told everyone about the deal... Sorry!) so we made applesauce. Molly loves it. It was so much fun to do and much easier than I expected!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay!! I'm so glad that you had fun. And it looks beautiful!
Wow Marsha, You're one up on me...I've never tried canning, I'm scared of it.
Honestly Morsh, I can't believe that you canned fruit! I can barely do the dishes!
I have to call you because we got Owen's birthday shoes and the pictures from the college days. They kept me laughing for hours....thank you!
We love you guys!
Wow...I am really impressed! Who would have thought that little Marsha would become such a domestic goddess! What's next...making your own soap? ;D Seriously, I love you and it has been so fun watching you grow up, becoming a wife and a mother. You are so cute with Molly. You rock!
Wow! The jars look so nice! It is always fun to sit back and admire your handiwork:). Good job!!!
Post a Comment