What I loved and Remember about my Grandma Decker
-She used to play store with us and let us "buy" her jewelry with fake money. I used to think it was the most beautiful jewelry ever.
-We used to go to dinner at my grandma's on Sundays and we always had pot roast. Everything was always perfectly prepared and she would have our names at our place settings. it made me feel so special.
-We used to go to dinner at my grandma's on Sundays and we always had pot roast. Everything was always perfectly prepared and she would have our names at our place settings. it made me feel so special.
-She would have us over for sleepovers and we would walk to trolley square. She would have TV trays set out for us with our favorite things on them.
-She always wore bright red lipstick. She always wanted to look nice.
-She wore turbans...I don't know why she finally stopped. I thought they were cool.
-She knew how to arrange food on a plate so it looked beautiful.
-If I needed help getting a stain out of clothes. She could do it. She taught me to use dove dish soap on grease stains.
-We used to go to a lot of movies with Grandma and she would talk so loud. It made me laugh.
-The way she laughed at Paula's chubby jokes.
-Anytime she laughed, I loved it.
-PEPSI
There are many other things I'm sure, but these are just a few things that made my grandma so great. I love you Grandma!
4 comments:
I am so glad you listed what you remembered. I loved how she "whispered" during movies, and I forgot to mention that. I am glad to know that she is able to be happy now to. I love you.
I also completely forgot that she use to wear those turbans...she had them in several colors.
I am glad she got to see Molly too. When we were together she would always ask me if I had seen your baby? And then she would tell me how beautiful she is. I'm glad you got a picture of her with Molly.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma! It sounds like you have some very wonderful memories of her. It sounds like she was a very fun person to be around, a lot like you Marsha! Love you guys!
Post a Comment