I can't believe it has been a year since we moved from our first little home. This picture makes me miss it so much! We had so many great memories there and met so many great friends. We weren't planning on moving, but we were always looking at houses. It was just something we did. One day I got a really strong feeling that it was time to move and it was time NOW! We were so sad. We had grown to love our neighbors and ward so much. We were really comfortable and the unknown is always scary. We got our house ready to put on the market right away. We figured that if we were going to do this, we should just get it over with. We found our new house the same weekend we put our house up for sale and we sold our house that Monday. It really worked out perfectly for us and really helped us feel good about our decision. It didn't hurt that we were close to the mountains and had more space to move around in. We moved to the area I grew up in and in a way it felt like I was coming home. Molly will go to kindergarten at the same school I went to and it has been nice to establish friendships with the kids she'll be going to school with. It really was perfect timing for us and I'm just so grateful for the guidance we received from our Heavenly Father.
Molly and Reed in front of the moving truck. Molly had lost a toenail so she was sporting a sock with her flip flops.
The yard is one of our favorite things about our new house. The backyard is completely shaded in the summer. The fall was not as awesome with all the leaves, but we survived. The weeds at our old house were impossible to get under control and I don't miss that at all! At least leaves can be raked up!
1 comment:
I'm glad things worked out so well and that you like it. I know it has taken you a while to get used to meeting new people and being in a new place.
Post a Comment