I heard somewhere that summer is for kids. This statement has really helped me lighten up. Sometimes it just seems easier to not do something because I'm tired and it would be a lot of work. To put on swimsuits and sunscreen for 5 minutes in the pool seems like a waste of energy. Or to let Molly eat a popsicle and get it all over her outfit after I've just gotten her dressed. And as much as I want Molly to eat healthy things, that just doesn't end up happening all the time.

It is pretty impossible to keep any drink with a straw away from Molly. Luckily for the last little while we've been getting free drinks from sonic thanks to their survey receipts. They give them to us even when we get a free one. It's pretty nice.

Bowling with the help of daddy. It was cosmic bowling so it was dark with lights everywhere. She loved it.

Molly has an obsession with pushing around strollers. She found her umbrella stroller in the closet and wouldn't forget about it for a couple of days. Even if I put it back in the closet she would go right to it as soon as she woke up from her nap or when we got home from running errands. She will let us push her around sometimes, but it takes some convincing.

We have been swimming a few times this summer and Molly prefers sitting on the steps and splashing. The last time we went I was able to get her to release me from her death grip and she actually let me pull her around while she kicked her little legs. She has been so fun this summer and I can't believe how fast it is going.
5 comments:
Cute pictures! We're excited to see you guys next week!
Isn't cosmic bowling past her bedtime?
Summertime is for ME! I love how HUGE the drink looks in comparison.
Geesh. Raina loves swimming and I haven't even taken her once. At least you guys go out and do things. Raina has never had a popsicle, I never take her to the park, we haven't gone to the library. We just stay in our little apartment where there is just one room to explore. Good job at just letting it go and doing things.
It is hard to suit them up and douse them in sunscreen for just 5 minutes...I need to do that more before summer is over. If it isn't over already....
Post a Comment