Thursday, July 10, 2008

My big sister


  I got to go see Little Women last week with my sister Paula. It was so fun for many reasons. Molly has been teething and has been miserable the last little while. I needed a break and Brady was so good to give up his ticket to the play, a huge sacrifice since Brady loves musicals. The play was really fun. I didn't know I would enjoy it so much. The theatre was filled with two huge bus loads of high school students. Obviously the drama club. Paula and I got a kick out of watching the boys especially. I think every boy on the front row was sobbing through the sad parts of the play. Not that I think anything is wrong with crying, but they seriously had no control at all. The girls weren't even crying as hard. They were seriously shaking and sniffling, the whole works. I felt really insensitive as Paula and I were trying to contain our laughter.
 I was planning on posting this last week, but while waiting for my picture to upload I checked out Paula's blog. She hasn't blogged in weeks, but when she decides to blog again she can only make fun of my near death experience. I almost didn't post this, but I couldn't let my precious time go to waste. ;)
 Anyway...back to Paula. We went tubing down the provo river a couple weeks ago and I ended up "falling" in the freezing water. They had said to stay away from the sides and as I was about to run into a tree I freaked out and ended up in the water. It was at one of the faster parts of the river and I could not get back on my tube. I seriously thought I was going to die. Paula tried to slow down as much as she could to encourage me that I would be okay. After finally getting back on the tube I was ready to be done and we still had more than an hour left. Paula was there to get me through it. It reminded me of how great she has always been to me. As young girls we used to share a bed and when I felt scared I would ask Paula to put her arm around me and she would. She would always share her chips with me which Paula considers to be one of the 5 food groups. She has always looked out for me and I feel so lucky to have her as a big sister.

6 comments:

Paula said...

I just have to say, I think you got back at me making fun of you by posting that picture!! Molly is cute, but that's about it. Thanks for the nice post, even after I made fun of you. Love ya

Kathy said...

It sounds like you had a great time in Park City! I can't believe how big Molly is getting... That was sweet of Paula to watch out for you... that's what sisters are for:)

Melinda said...

Marcia! Just wait until Raina gets teeth, the sleeping will go away. (Besides, her sleeping patterns during the day are terrible and she doesn't entertain herself very well yet.) Anyway, I can babysit sometime if you want to go to the movie. It is great.

Cabbages said...

Hey Brady and Marsha!

This is Patrick and Jauna Cabbage! Brady, your mom sent us the link for your blog. Molly is so cute! It's been a lot of fun to see how you guys are doing. If you send me your email address, I'll invite you to our blog so you can see Emily! My email is pcabbage@hotmail.com

holly said...

Sisters are great! espically big sisters. Hey didnt paula consider cat food one of the food groups too? Molly is so cut I cant beleive how big she is. Love ya

holly said...

Ps Little sisters are awesome too I dont know what I would do with out mine.