Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Washington/Oregon coast

The "majestic" Columbia River, as brady lovingly refers to it.

Daddy teaching Molly how to skip rocks. She didn't quite catch on. She is really good at throwing rocks though.

Feeding the kabillion geese! I am seriously afraid of geese. They just swarm around you and try to bite you. Luckily we got out unharmed.

Lots of relaxing, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa.

Molly had fun playing with her cousin Katelin. Especially when they got to go see the animals.

Molly loves the trampoline. she actually has pretty good balance.

We stayed in an awesome beach house. Molly and Katie especially liked the new surroundings.

We got to go to an aquarium and see lots of fish. Molly slept through half of it, but still got to see a lot. She wasn't afraid to touch all the slimy things.

The coast was so beautiful. I am a huge ocean fan and I have to say that I was not disappointed. The water was painfully cold, but the view was spectacular. I loved all the rocks and trees. It was so misty you could just feel it.
Molly hated the sand. She didn't want it on her feet. So...

We laid a towel out for our little princess.

Just a cute picture of Molly and her daddy.

7 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

Great pictures! We had so much fun with you guys! You beat me to posting the coast pictures, not that I haven't had a month to do it! I'm sure I'll get to it sometime.

I'm going to have to steal the one of the girls and their daddies going into the pet store. I remember Katie kept trying to hold Molly's hand while we were in the store too.

Chris and Michelle said...

Such cute pictures - what a fun trip! Isn't Molly at such a fun age? What a cutie she is!

So there are a few services that will print your blog into a book... my good friend used www.blurb.com and it turned out AMAZING! There is also a site that I saw called
blog2print.sharedbook.com....I think that it might be a little time consuming (?) but well worth it for a family journal that will last forever! I keep meaning to get on it and start the process of having mine printed... that is the whole main reason I blog! Now that I have my kid's b-days out of the way that will be a great project for me to work on!... Thanks for reminding me! :)
Good luck! :)

Melinda said...

So pretty there. Sam calls the Missouri river the "Mighty Missouri", I never hear the end of it when he compares our "tiny" rivers to his Mighty one. Then I remind him that the silly little hills they call mountains out there are really nothing compared to the Rockies! So, I'm wondering if it really is as "majestic", as Brady says. I love the picture of the two daddies holding hands with the two girls, who are holding hands - it is great!

We miss seeing you everyday.

Hewletts said...

I love the coast....so fun and the mist is gorgeous!
Molly is growing up so fast.
By the way....Ashley's hubby had her blog printed. I'll find out how.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And your pictures are fabulous. This is random, but I can't believe how blond Molly is. You'd think I'd notice that in person...

Heather said...

Looks like a fun vacation! Molly always seems so happy!

Lora and Josh said...

That river is really pretty! I guess Brady was right! And is the word kabillion a word? I've heard it many times, but to see it on paper is another story. That word has Marsha written all over it.